Fall is finally here! Our favorite season for cozy evenings, baked baking (IYKYK), and savoring the holidays. One way we love to savor and celebrate autumn is by making our own edibles. We have a delicious recipe for Pumpkin Spice Weed Muffins that entails all of our favorite fall spices and flavors. The best part is that it’s super easy (and cost effective) to make your own cannabis oil. Stop by Budega to find the perfect strain to make your edibles with.
These pumpkin spiced muffins are the perfect treat to enhance a weekend spent watching your favorite Halloween movies or crafting. Consume responsibly and enjoy!
For the Cannabis-Infused Coconut Oil:
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/8 ounce (3.5 grams) of your preferred cannabis strain (decarboxylated)
For the Muffins:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cannabis-infused coconut oil (see instructions below)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or a mix of cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves)
- Optional: 1/2 cup chopped nuts or chocolate chips for added texture and flavor
1. Prepare the Cannabis-Infused Coconut Oil:
- Grind the decarboxylated cannabis finely.
- In a saucepan, combine the coconut oil and ground cannabis.
- Heat over low heat for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally. Make sure not to let it boil.
- Strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth to remove the cannabis solids.
- Let the infused coconut oil cool. You can store any excess in an airtight container for future use.
2. Preheat the Oven:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
3. Mix Dry Ingredients:
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Mix well.
4. Prepare Wet Ingredients:
- In another bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, sugar, brown sugar, cannabis-infused coconut oil, eggs, and vanilla extract until well combined.
5. Combine Wet and Dry Mixtures:
- Slowly add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir until just combined. Be careful not to overmix; a few lumps are okay.
- If desired, fold in chopped nuts or chocolate chips.
6. Fill Muffin Cups:
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners or grease it with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spoon the muffin batter into the cups, filling each about two-thirds full.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
8. Cool and Enjoy:
- Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for a few minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.